Joining the Society
Can be as simple as coming along to a meeting and joining!
- If you are over 18, you join as a Full Member. The annual subscription is £32 (or £30 if paid by Bank Transfer or paid directly into the GAS bank account).
- Under 18’s are eligible to join as Junior Members. For Junior Members and Students, the annual subscription is £20 (or £18 if paid by Bank Transfer or paid directly into the GAS bank account).
The subscription year runs from September. If you join our society part-way through the year, the cost may be reduced.
The membership form can be downloaded here [PDF 128KB].
If you are not sure whether you want to join right away, you can come along to a meeting as a Visitor; we charge just £5 (£4 Junior/Student guest) per meeting (to cover costs). On arrival, please introduce yourself to the Secretary. You will be warmly welcomed.
For all membership enquiries, please contact the Membership Secretary, .
Membership of our Society will allow you to:
- attend all meetings and the Annual General Meeting
- vote on any Society decision where eligible to do so
- purchase and/or receive any Society publication
- participate in all events organised by the Society
- use the Society Observatory (subject to successful completion of any training courses that may be required)
- borrow equipment (such as books or telescopes) that are available for loan
- attend any meeting of national and regional astronomical societies that the Society is a member of
- access the members-only section of the web-site
- join the Alert network for events in the night sky
We have a few expections of all our members:
- to have regard for other members whose views you may not agree with
- to be polite to fellow members and visitors
- to support the work of the Society
- to help out at public outreach events
- to help fellow members
3241total visits,3visits today